Lancia Aurelia is a car that was produced by the Italian manufacturer Lancia, designed by Vittorio Jano. The Aurelia was launched in 1950 and production lasted until the summer of 1958.
The Aurelia used the first production 60° V6 engine, design developed by Francesco de Virgilio. He was a Lancia engineer between 1943 and 1948. During production, capacity grew from 1.8L to 2.5L. Prototype engines used a bore and stroke of 68 mm x 72 mm for 1569 cc; these were tested between 1946 and 1948. It was an all-alloy push rod design with a single camshaft between the cylinder banks. A hemispherical combustion chamber and in-line valves were used. A single Solex or Weber carburetor completed the engine. Some updated 1991cc models were fitted with twin carburetors.
At the rear was an innovative combination trans axle with the gearbox, clutch, differential, and inboard-mounted drum brakes. The front suspension was a sliding pillar design, with rear semi-trailing arms replaced by a de Dion tube in the Fourth series. The Aurelia was also first car to be fitted with radial tires as standard equipment.
First prototype of B50 was shown at 1950 Turin Car Show. The model was produced in small numbers, around 265 cars, by cabriolet-specialist Pinin Farina! The B50 Cabriolet was a four-seat comfortable cruiser. Powered by 1,754cc engine. Majority of the production was done between 1950-1952.